Every android smartphone comes with various applications pre-installed on the device. Most of them are device manufacturer apps and the rest of them will be google apps or advertising or promotional purpose apps. Especially considering these days most of the devices are selling for a low-profit margin for hardware and their main source of income is through advertisements in the UI.
For Us the consumers some of these apps are useless or the advertisements from these apps push will affect the user experience. To enhance our user experience we can manually remove these ads and bloatware up to a limit in most of these devices. We already did specific posts for ads and bloatware removal for Xiaomi(Mi, Redmi, POCO), Realme and Samsung. Here in this post, we are giving a detailed guide to remove unwanted system apps or bloatware from any device.
We also get disable option for some of these apps, if you have this option go for it. Otherwise, you can go for this method. If you remove any app by mistake, you can easily install it back by this method(with different commands). Always remember some of these apps are needed to work the UI properly, so do not uninstall every app. We will not be responsible for any mistake done by you.
1. Enable Developer Option
First of all, you need to enable the developer option in your device. The step will be slightly different for every brand. Let us give steps for some popular brand devices
- Samsung: settings- About phone- Software information- tap multiple times on Build number
- Xiaomi: Settings – About phone- Tap multiple times on MIUI version
- OnePlus: settings- About phone- tap multiple times on Build number
- VIVO: settings- more settings- about phone- version-Click seven times at Software version
- IQOO- settings- more settings- about phone- tap multiple times on build number
- OPPO/Realme: settings- about phone- version- click multiple times on build number
2. Go to Additional Settings/More settings – Developer Option – Turn ON USB Debugging
3. Install ADB Drivers on PC
To use ADB commands first we need to install ADB drivers in our PC, we can use a simple “15 Second ADB installer” for this purpose.
4. App Inspector
To uninstall apps through ADB, we need the package name of each app, to get that you can go to your phone apps list area in your phone settings and go to app info to get the package name. This one may be difficult for some users. we have a simple solution to get the package name. Install an app called “App Inspector” from the play store.
This app will list all of your apps(both system and third-party) and clicking on each app directly gives the package name. So it is easy and convenient to use.
Uninstalling through ADB
(every steps below are exactly same for every android device )
1. First connect Phone to PC and select file Transfer in your Phone.
2. By clicking “Shift + Right Click” anywhere and then “Open PowerShell window here”
adb devices in PowerShell window and enter
It probably lists your device with an unauthorised tag, (if it doesn’t show an authorised or unauthorised tag, that means ADB is not properly installed on your PC).
4. Now you can see a popup in your phone to allow USB debugging, allow it.
5. Then type
adb devices again in the PowerShell window and enter.
Now it will list a device as an authorised( or simple show device after the device code)
6. Now type
adb shell and enter
7.Use the following command to uninstall applications
pm uninstall -k --user 0 <name of package>
Instead of the <package name> in above code, give the specific package name for the particular app you are going to uninstall. check 4th-one in steps- app inspector
8. Click enter. It will show success and the app will be automatically uninstalled from your device.
Some of the commands you can use here….
pm uninstall -k --user 0 <name of package>
cmd package install-existing <name of package>
pm disable-user --user 0 [type package name]
pm enable [type package name]
How to turn off ads in realme smartphones and uninstall system apps without root
Realme, a fastest growing smartphone brand mainly known for competing with Xiaomi’s Redmi brand, started to show ads in their...
Realme Watch S Pro vs Mi Watch Revolve Ultimate Comparison
In recent times, India’s smartwatch market is becoming more popular and Amazfit, Huawei (Honor), GQQii controls most of the market...
Ultimate Smartphone Buying Guide – January 2021
Everything you need to know about picking the right smartphone and say goodbye to all misconceptions